Amazon_es output not signing?

Hi Logstash experts,

I've configured my logstash to use the amazon_es output plugin and everything seems to be fine on configtest. I have region, aws_access_key_id, and aws_secret_access_key set correctly - I even started up with --debug on my logstash 2.3.4 installation and confirmed that the plugins were receiving the values I expected.

But when I start logstash and it begins sending logs to elasticsearch, I get the following errors:

[403] {"Message":"User: anonymous is not authorized to perform: es:ESHttpPost on resource: *redacted*"}", :class=>"Elasticsearch::Transport::Transport::Errors::Forbidden", :backtrace=>["/opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/elasticsearch-transport-1.0.18/lib/elasticsearch/transport/transport/base.rb:201:in `__raise_transport_error'"

Any pointers that would help me figure out where the disconnect is? Thanks!

Mike Ressler

You may need to ask on the Amazon forums, this isn't a core plugin nor a community maintained one sorry :frowning:

The plugin directs here for support. You should probably mention that to their developers. I'll file that as a bug against their documentation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.