Amazon_s3_exception. Forbidden; Request

(scch) #1

Hello,
when i am trying to create _snapshot repository on my s3 bucket.. i am getting below forbidden error.

{
"error": {
"root_cause": [
{
"type": "amazon_s3_exception",
"reason": "amazon_s3_exception: Forbidden (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 403; Error Code: 403 Forbidden; Request ID: A5F77A0EFEB514E5; S3 Extended Request ID: HMsYceztVvuq3M4gHQkI2B8caqpZSGZn0EW5XsCkhcaTcrGRkV19KGu3260cCGwgv+yfUVpXbAc=)"
}
],
"type": "blob_store_exception",
"reason": "Failed to check if blob [master.dat-temp] exists",
"caused_by": {
"type": "amazon_s3_exception",
"reason": "amazon_s3_exception: Forbidden (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 403; Error Code: 403 Forbidden; Request ID: A5F77A0EFEB514E5; S3 Extended Request ID: HMsYceztVvuq3M4gHQkI2B8caqpZSGZn0EW5XsCkhcaTcrGRkV19KGu3260cCGwgv+yfUVpXbAc=)"
}
},
"status": 500

request assistance ...to resolve..

(Mujtaba Hussain) #2

Hey @scch

How are you snapshotting? What permissions are available to the script that is trying to snapshot to the S3 bucket? Have you set the repository initially?

(scch) #3

i have created bucket through AWS cli client.

updated elasticsearch.yml withclient settings ,( endpoint and protocol )
s3.client.dusk01.endpoint: rtc1.ross.dusk.com
s3.client.dusk01.protocol: https

added keys to key-store through
./elasticsearch-keystore add s3.client.dusk01.access_key
./elasticsearch-keystore add s3.client.dusk01.secret_key

trying to create repo via below query and got above error.

PUT _snapshot/duskrepo01
{
"type": "s3",
"settings": {
"bucket": "env-dusk01",
"client": "dusk01"

}
}

(Mujtaba Hussain) #4

@scch

That's quite weird. Using those credentials, can you upload, download etc a file in that bucket?

(scch) #5

Yup I can do all operations through AWS cli interface. Looks like there is some load balancer issue ,will update

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.