Amazon_s3_exception. Forbidden; Request

Hello,
when i am trying to create _snapshot repository on my s3 bucket.. i am getting below forbidden error.

{
"error": {
"root_cause": [
{
"type": "amazon_s3_exception",
"reason": "amazon_s3_exception: Forbidden (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 403; Error Code: 403 Forbidden; Request ID: A5F77A0EFEB514E5; S3 Extended Request ID: HMsYceztVvuq3M4gHQkI2B8caqpZSGZn0EW5XsCkhcaTcrGRkV19KGu3260cCGwgv+yfUVpXbAc=)"
}
],
"type": "blob_store_exception",
"reason": "Failed to check if blob [master.dat-temp] exists",
"caused_by": {
"type": "amazon_s3_exception",
"reason": "amazon_s3_exception: Forbidden (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 403; Error Code: 403 Forbidden; Request ID: A5F77A0EFEB514E5; S3 Extended Request ID: HMsYceztVvuq3M4gHQkI2B8caqpZSGZn0EW5XsCkhcaTcrGRkV19KGu3260cCGwgv+yfUVpXbAc=)"
}
},
"status": 500

request assistance ...to resolve..

Hey @scch

How are you snapshotting? What permissions are available to the script that is trying to snapshot to the S3 bucket? Have you set the repository initially?

i have created bucket through AWS cli client.

updated elasticsearch.yml withclient settings ,( endpoint and protocol )
s3.client.dusk01.endpoint: rtc1.ross.dusk.com
s3.client.dusk01.protocol: https

added keys to key-store through
./elasticsearch-keystore add s3.client.dusk01.access_key
./elasticsearch-keystore add s3.client.dusk01.secret_key

trying to create repo via below query and got above error.

PUT _snapshot/duskrepo01
{
"type": "s3",
"settings": {
"bucket": "env-dusk01",
"client": "dusk01"

}
}

@scch

That's quite weird. Using those credentials, can you upload, download etc a file in that bucket?

Yup I can do all operations through AWS cli interface. Looks like there is some load balancer issue ,will update

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.