Analytics stops after upgrade from 7.17.1 to 8.5.2

Dears Elasticians,

After an upgrade from 7.17 to 8.5, no more queries or clicks are available in the "Analytics" tab.

Older events are still available, but the new ones do not appears.

I try to force restart the cluster and de-activate / re-activate the Settings/logs retention with no success.

I use ES cloud and manage this upgrade from the "deployments ui".

thanks for your help,
regards.

Hi @Florent_Andre

Have you opened a support ticket? I would recommend that as you are a paying customer.

oups... thank you !

Hi @Florent_Andre :

Unfortunately, this is a bug that impacts 8.5.1 and 8.5.2 releases. It is fixed for 8.5.3, so I'd recommend to upgrade to this version as soon as possible.

Your analytics data will be added once you upgrade to the new version - analytic events have not been lost, just not included in the analytics stats.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Hi @Carlos_D !
I already upgrade thanks to the support.

As I first think events were lost, I'm really interested with theses words:

Do you know any solution to get lost stats back ?

Regards,

Analytics should be recorded in 8.5.1 and 8.5.2 and stored to disk. Upgrading to 8.5.3 should ingest these disk stored analytics.

Can you share more about the deployment method for Enterprise Search? Are you deploying on Elastic Cloud? Using Docker images?

Sure, I use lovely elastic cloud.
Quick double check, and I can confirm that the "should ingest these disk stored analytics.", goes to the dark side :wink:

Thanks for your feedback @Florent_Andre !

We were mistaken about the recoverability of the analytics. I'm afraid there's not a current procedure in Cloud for restoring the missing analytics.

Being in 8.5.3 (and eventually upgrading to 8.6) will ensure that your analytics work correctly.

Thanks for your help in diagnosing this. Please keep in touch for any help we can provide!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.