Android Studio 3.0 elasticSearch library error when building android project

Hello, I am trying to include org.elasticSearch:elasticSearch<version#> as a library to my android project. Right now I am using android studio 3.0, and am getting the following errors no matter how old/new of a version I am using of the elastic search library. I'm not sure if this is just a new problem with android studio 3.0, as I have not gone back to 2.3 and tried building my project. It seems like the new build tools in android is causing this error by some how expecting the library to invoke a method with min-sdk-version >= 26 always. Kind of an android newbie, but I've been stuck on this for a while.

Version Information:
TargetSDK Version: API 23
minSDK Version: API 18
buildsToolsVersion: 27.0.1
GradleVersion: 4.1
elasticSearchLibraryVersion: org.elasticsearch:elasticsearch:1.7.1
gradleBuildToolsVersion: com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.0.0

Error:com.android.builder.dexing.DexArchiveBuilderException: Failed to process C:\Users\hughc\.gradle\caches\modules-2\files-2.1\org.apache.lucene\lucene-core\4.10.4\cbdb5f686a85e391d9b88f0bae9e018f4d9472ff\lucene-core-4.10.4.jar

Error:com.android.builder.dexing.DexArchiveBuilderException: Error while dexing org/apache/lucene/util/AttributeFactory$DefaultAttributeFactory.class

**Error:com.android.dx.cf.code.SimException: signature-polymorphic method called without --min-sdk-version >= 26**

Error:Execution failed for task ':app:transformClassesWithDexBuilderForDebug'.
> com.android.build.api.transform.TransformException: com.android.builder.dexing.DexArchiveBuilderException: com.android.builder.dexing.DexArchiveBuilderException: Failed to process C:\Users\hughc\.gradle\caches\modules-2\files-2.1\org.apache.lucene\lucene-core\4.10.4\cbdb5f686a85e391d9b88f0bae9e018f4d9472ff\lucene-core-4.10.4.jar
1 Like

Why do you want to include an elasticsearch node into your android app?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.