I've just released a new version of Sense - a chrome extension based
developer's console to Elasticsearch. If you don't know it, please check
the readme here: http://bit.ly/sense_github , or install it
In the last couple of months I worked quite a bit on the first step (and
the biggest) in allowing Sense to deal with multiple request. The left side
editor now allows you type in multiple request in a cURL like format - for
example - add a document and then retrieve it:
Sense understands this and you will still get all the good stuff like
syntax highlighting and auto complete. Sense also understands that these
are two requests and allows you to submit those individually to
Elasticsearch and see the response on the right hand side, as usual. You
can do so by clicking on the green triangle next to the active request (when
you'd see it, you'd know) or using the Cmd+Enter (Mac) or Ctrl+Enter
(windows) shortcut, as before.
In the future, I plan to add support for submitting multiple requests and
copy/paste them as cURL. However this is already a huge change and I find
more then useful enough to release on it's own.
If you don't have Sense yet, you can install it here:
http://bit.ly/es_sense. If you already have it installed, you can wait for
Chrome to update things for you or do so manually from the extensions page
of Chrome's settings.
If you have any feedback or run into any problem, please do open up an
issue on the github page: http://bit.ly/sense_github.
PS. Here is the change log for this release:
- Major rewrite to support multiple requests in the editor.
- You can now move the split between editor & output.
- New shortcuts to navigate through requests quickly (see help).
- Improved help popup.
- Added editor support for request with multiple documents, separated by a
- Auto indent now toggels between single line per doc and multi-line
formatted & indented.
- Use Tab (as well as Enter) to select autocomplete suggestions.
- Auto complete suggestion now sort prefix matches first.
- Added a welcome message (which will only be shown once)
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.