The FSCrawler team is pleased to announce the FSCrawler 2.5 release!
FS Crawler offers a simple way to index binary files into elasticsearch.
Download FSCrawler 2.5:
Start FS crawler with:
FS crawler will read a local file (default to
If the file does not exist, FS crawler will propose to create your first job.
$ bin/fscrawler job_name 18:28:58,174 WARN [f.p.e.c.f.FsCrawler] job [job_name] does not exist 18:28:58,177 INFO [f.p.e.c.f.FsCrawler] Do you want to create it (Y/N)? y 18:29:05,711 INFO [f.p.e.c.f.FsCrawler] Settings have been created in [~/.fscrawler/job_name/_settings.json]. Please review and edit before relaunch
Create a directory named
c:\tmp\es, add some files you want to index in it and start again:
$ bin/fscrawler job_name 18:30:34,330 INFO [f.p.e.c.f.FsCrawlerImpl] Starting FS crawler 18:30:34,332 INFO [f.p.e.c.f.FsCrawlerImpl] FS crawler started in watch mode. It will run unless you stop it with CTRL+C. 18:30:34,682 INFO [f.p.e.c.f.FsCrawlerImpl] FS crawler started for [job_name] for [/tmp/es] every [15m]
More details in the documentation.
Some of the new features
- #585: Add a filter by content option . Thanks to dadoonet.
- #584: Ignore files bigger than X . Thanks to dadoonet.
hocroption for Tesseract-based OCR . Thanks to dadoonet.
- #582: Allow path partial matching . Thanks to dadoonet.
- #580: Add support for Last Accessed date and Created date . Thanks to dadoonet.
- #577: Add support for cloud id . Thanks to dadoonet.
- #567: Add File Permissions to generated documents . Thanks to dadoonet.
- #564: Add custom tags to documents . Thanks to gpcmol.
- #563: Add support for bulk size in bytes with unit . Thanks to dadoonet.
- #520: Allow setting Tesseract path to executable and data . Thanks to dadoonet.
Some of the fixed Bugs
- #579: Fix wrong detection of removed settings . Thanks to dadoonet.
- #553: excludes doesn't appear to work with subdirectories/paths . Thanks to a344254.
- #547: fscrawler throws error when using flag --loop 1 . Thanks to jeanp413.
#544: Allow using
store_sourcewithout indexing content . Thanks to dadoonet.
- #526: Raw fields should be considered as text/keyword . Thanks to dadoonet.
#490: Missing ES pipeline shows up in fscrawler logs but REST API returns JSON with
"ok": True. Thanks to shadiakiki1986.
- #486: Includes and Excludes should not be case sensitive . Thanks to dadoonet.
- #475: add setPipeline call when using REST . Thanks to shadiakiki1986.
- #461: ES Pipeline is not working in Rest API . Thanks to suresh-nataraj.
- #448: Fscrawler missing the field file.extension when indexing through Rest API . Thanks to suresh-nataraj.
- #444: Tesseract not detected on Windows . Thanks to HBKarlHolzinger.
- #439: ES Documents missing - Date Mapping issue in RAW field . Thanks to suresh-nataraj.
- #409: Indexed document is not deleted . Thanks to faizalpribadi.
- #327: Indexing Json document via bulk indexing folders also . Thanks to Spandana-Sai.
Some of the changes
- #588: Update Maven plugins and Libs . Thanks to dadoonet.
- #569: Update to elasticsearch 6.3.2 . Thanks to dadoonet.
- #554: Use _doc doc type instead of doc . Thanks to dadoonet.
- #542: Update to Tika 1.18 . Thanks to dadoonet.
- #457: Add more info in case of bulk failures . Thanks to dadoonet.