The FSCrawler team is pleased to announce the FSCrawler 2.8 release!
FS Crawler offers a simple way to index binary files into Elasticsearch.
Download FSCrawler 2.8:
Start FS crawler with:
FS crawler will read a local file (default to
If the file does not exist, FS crawler will propose to create your first job.
$ bin/fscrawler job_name 18:28:58,174 WARN [f.p.e.c.f.FsCrawler] job [job_name] does not exist 18:28:58,177 INFO [f.p.e.c.f.FsCrawler] Do you want to create it (Y/N)? y 18:29:05,711 INFO [f.p.e.c.f.FsCrawler] Settings have been created in [~/.fscrawler/job_name/_settings.json]. Please review and edit before relaunch
Create a directory named
c:\tmp\es, add some files you want to index in it and start again:
$ bin/fscrawler job_name 18:30:34,330 INFO [f.p.e.c.f.FsCrawlerImpl] Starting FS crawler 18:30:34,332 INFO [f.p.e.c.f.FsCrawlerImpl] FS crawler started in watch mode. It will run unless you stop it with CTRL+C. 18:30:34,682 INFO [f.p.e.c.f.FsCrawlerImpl] FS crawler started for [job_name] for [/tmp/es] every [15m]
More details in the documentation.
- #1310: Update ocr.rst, the path was wrong and not working . Thanks to sahin52.
- #1256: Add section Workaround for huge temporary files . Thanks to dfbm.
- #1286: Fix starting fscrawler with Docker . Thanks to dadoonet.
- #1271: fix: not working optional libraries (e.g. jpeg2000) . Thanks to NickUfer.
- #1252: Add procps apt package to container install . Thanks to cwperry.
- #1229: File logs missing in docker container . Thanks to helsonxiao.
- #1320: Bump log4j-core from 2.14.1 to 2.15.0 . Thanks to dependabot[bot].
- #1198: Update to Tika 2.1 . Thanks to dadoonet.