Another question: unable to authenticate user [admin] for REST request, please advise

Hi,
I just setup ssl in ES5.6, and use highlevelrestclient to query data, but I got this error, anyone knows the reason? is my user:admin setup wrong.

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"security_exception","reason":"unable to authenticate user [admin] for REST request [/trades,user_trades/_search?typed_keys=true&ignore_unavailable=false&expand_wildcards=open&allow_no_indices=true&scroll=1m&search_type=query_then_fetch&batched_reduce_size=512]","header":{"WWW-Authenticate":"Basic realm="security" charset="UTF-8""}}],"type":"security_exception","reason":"unable to authenticate user [admin] for REST request [/trades,user_trades/_search?typed_keys=true&ignore_unavailable=false&expand_wildcards=open&allow_no_indices=true&scroll=1m&search_type=query_then_fetch&batched_reduce_size=512]","header":{"WWW-Authenticate":"Basic realm="security" charset="UTF-8""}},"status":401}

I suspect you've either given the wrong password to the admin user or you've not granted the admin user's roles access to trades and user_trades. Check out the roles the user has and make sure it includes a role that has at least read access to those 2 indices.

thanks shanec,

yes, it's encrypted password. it works good now.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.