Apachelogs missing from Data Analysis with Kibana lab

Currently taking the on-demand Data Analysis with Kibana. Started Lab 4.1: Introduction to TSVB and got down to step 3 to work through the display. Entered "apachelogs*" in the index field along with all the other settings and get "No data to display".

Went back to Discover. The "users*" is the default listed. Pulled down the arrow to Change Index Pattern and the only indexes that I see are: user_messages*, users, and users*. No apachelogs*. Did I miss a step in creating the index? I can't continue with the training since the apachelogs* index is used for the remainder of the labs.

Just started the lab two days ago, so I haven't passed the expiration date mentioned in a previous discussion.

Hi Clark,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Discuss forum.

Could you please confirm if you're able to create an index pattern "apachelogs*" as per Task 1 of Lab 4.1?
If you're unable to create that index pattern because it doesn't match any indices, please reach out to me via private message and I will ask you for some more details that will help me resolve this issue.

Kind regards,
Miloš

Milos,

Boy, did I have an early morning brain laps. And I've been through both Elastic Engineering 1 & 2 and just breezed past it. And I know I looked at it a number of time.

Thanks for waking me up and making me think.

Clark

No probs, glad this was solved.

Enjoy the rest of the course!

Best,
Miloš

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.