Kibana Practice Exam - defining data view issue

Course: <Which course are you asking about?> Kibana Certified Analyst Practice Exam
Version: <And which particular version?>
Question: I am trying to set up the data indices as instructed - and am having an issue with the last one. Apachelogs* does not match any of the indices, even when "Allow hidden and system indices" is toggled to on.

Hello, thank you for contacting us.

It looks like you had an issue with your environment. Could you please send me a private message with the email address you used to register? I will manually fix it for you.

Hi all - Romain reset my environment on Friday, however I am still not able to set up the Apachelog index. He is now on paternity leave - can anyone else assist? Thanks!

Hi @kpelastic ,

you actually need to create a data view for apachelog*, using @timestamp as the timestamp field.

What happens when you access the main menu -> Stack Management -> Data Views -> Create data view? Do you see something like in the screenshot below?

Best,
Andre

Andre,

Please see screenshot below for what I am seeing from my end. I am trying to create a data view for apachelogs*, which is where I run into the issue. I was able to successfully create the two other data views.

Thank you for your help!

Andre,

I tried again this morning. I'm still getting the same error - see below for an additional screenshot:

Something is off with your environment. Can you please DM me with your e-mail so we can try to replace your environment?

Best,
Andre

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.