I have succesfully used APM Agent so far, using it with different TIBCO products (BE, BW, OMS). It works fine (except for body characters limit) with BW (BusinessWorks) and BE (BusinessEvents) applications, collecting metrics and http request transactions. It works very well with FOM, moreover, gathering transactions and spans too.
Currently I would like to improve transactions/spans definition in BW so I have developed a simple test application in which:
- I set APM dependecies inside application pom file
- I defined a custom transaction, via startTransaction() method
- I set its name and type, via setName() & setType() methods
- I set transaction end, via end() method
I used 4 different "JAVA invoke" activities (BusinessWorks uses out of the box activities to perform actions) and deployed the application in a test environment.
It correctly starts and run, but it fails once I restart it and make it uses the apm agent.
This is the error I get in test application log:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid resource. The argument 'serializableResource' must be an instance of 'java.io.Serializable'
- BusinessWorks v6.5
- Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_192-b12)
- APM Agent 1.8.0
- no errors are reported inside APM agent logs
It seems that there is something wrong once the APM agent tries to serialize data in order to send them to the APM server.. but, of course, it's just a suspect.