APM server is not listening in netstat tupln

Kibana version: 7.8.0

Elasticsearch version: 7.8.0

APM Server version: 7.8.0

APM Agent language and version: 6.12.0

Browser version: Chrome 105.0.5195.125

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version: apt install

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? Fresh install

**Is there anything special in your setup?**No

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant):

When I am trying sudo systemctl status apm-server, showing the host and post is listening.

But when trying netstat tupln, port 8200 is not listening

Help me to resolve as soon as possible.

@lekshmir80 welcome to the forum!

Can you tell me what you're trying to diagnose with netstat? Is APM Server not accepting requests from your agents? Are the agents running on the same host?

We can see from the log that APM Server is listening on localhost:8200 -- this is the default. Assuming your agents are on another host, you will need to tell APM Server to listen on an external address by configuring apm-server.host in apm-server.yml. For example, you can set apm-server.host: 0.0.0.0:8200 to listen on all network interfaces.

Thank you Andrew,
My apm-server.yml file looks like this

apm-server:
  host: "localhost:8200"
output.elasticsearch:
   hosts: ["localhost:9200"]
   username: "elastic"
   password: "changeme"

But still I am getting http connection error

This happens when APM Server exceeds the maximum number of requests that it can process concurrently.

HTTP 503: Request timed out waiting to be processededit
Reduce the sample rate.
Reduce collected stacktrace information.
Reduce the payload size.
Add APM Server instances.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

Can you please elaborate on this? Are you attempting to connect APM Server using curl or something? If so, are you running this on the same machine? Otherwise, are you observing errors in an APM Agent's log? Are the agents running on the same machine?

Hello @axw,
I've been having the same problem, but i'm using elastic agent on version 7.17.7 on docker/kubernetes. Logs show apm server is listening on [::]:8200 but everytime i try to curl from other host or even localhost i get connection refused error. From within container netstat doesn't show 8200 port at all. I have created another topic about it.

Thanks for your time

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.