APM showing "Not yet applied by any agents"

Kibana version: 7.7

Elasticsearch version: 7.7

APM Server version: 7.7

APM Agent language and version: Java Agent 1.15 (elastic-apm-agent-1.15.0.jar)

Browser version: Google Chrome

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version: Downloaded from elastic.com

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? Upgraded from 7.6

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior:
APM is working generally, I am getting data from the agent. But in Kibana > APM > Settings > Agent configuration > Remote Agent Configuration, i see "Not yet applied by any agents"
But agent is active and sending data. I think I am missing something for central configuration, but tested a lot of things without success.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Configure APM Agent
  2. Start Application
  3. Check Agent Remote Configuration Tab

Have you enabled agent remote configuration in your APM Server by configuring apm-server.kibana.* in the apm-server.yml?

No, i had not enabled that, Thanks. Didn't find this anywhere in documentation or may have read over it... I enabled it now, but see the following in the log:

ERROR co.elastic.apm.agent.configuration.ApmServerConfigurationSource - Remote configuration is not available. Check the connection between APM Server and Kibana.

Does the agent now also need access to Kibana (running on Port 5601) ?
For our test environment, we just opened access to port 8200 (Apm-server) for the application.... Do we need also 5601?

Thanks

Please ignore my last message, i had to set IP address for kibana.host instead of localhost, now they are talking to each other and agent remote configuration works. Thanks. My topic is solved.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.