APM span

Kibana version : 7.9

Elasticsearch version : 7.9

APM Server version : 7.9

APM Agent language and version : java 1.8

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? fresh install

Is there anything special in your setup? For example, are you using the Logstash or Kafka outputs? Are you using a load balancer in front of the APM Servers? Have you changed index pattern, generated custom templates, changed agent configuration etc. :-

I have created parent and child spans for my APM implementation. I was having no issues with earlier versions like 7.8, 7.6 etc. After fresh install of 7.9 version I only see parent spans and child spans have disappeared. I am using apm-agent-api-1.9 jar for the java implementation

What kind of spans/transactions do you monitor with our API ?

From instrumentation perspective, if you have kept the same API and Java agent versions, there should be no difference and the data sent to apm-server and that is visible in Kibana should be the same.

• Can you try to query those spans/transactions in Kibana to check if they are stored in ES ?
  • Can you check agent debug logs and execute a few spans/transactions and check that they are properly reported ?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.