I want to get the original span data collected by the java agent, should I configure?

If you are asking about a problem you are experiencing, please use the following template, as it will help us help you. If you have a different problem, please delete all of this text :slight_smile:

TIP 1: select at least one tag that further categorizes your topic. For example server for APM Server related questions, java for questions regarding the Elastic APM Java agent, or ui for questions about the APM App within Kibana.

TIP 2: Check out the troubleshooting guide first. Not only will it help you to resolve common problems faster but it also explains in more detail which information we need before we can properly help you.

Kibana version: 7.9.0

Elasticsearch version: 7.9.0

APM Server version: 7.9.0

APM Agent language and version: Java Agent 1.45.0

Browser version:

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version:

Fresh install or upgraded from other version?

Is there anything special in your setup? For example, are you using the Logstash or Kafka outputs? Are you using a load balancer in front of the APM Servers? Have you changed index pattern, generated custom templates, changed agent configuration etc.

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant):

Steps to reproduce:

Errors in browser console (if relevant):

Provide logs and/or server output (if relevant):

Hi @zhang_peihong ,

Can you elaborate a bit on your need here ? It looks like the message is 99% the default template thus it would be easier for us to provide help if you could provide more details about what you are trying to achieve.

I want to get the original span data collected by the java agent, should I configure?

The data sent by agents isn't stored as-is to ES, thus this is not possible.
The apm-server is in charge of writing the agents intake protocol into elasticsearch documents.

However, if you need to investigate what is being sent by agents for auditing or debugging purposes, then it could be relevant to use the log_level=trace in agent configuration in order to make the agent log the data sent to apm-server. However, that's definitely verbose and might not be suitable for your needs here.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.