APM unable to Connect to Elastic Host

Hello - I am working the on the completion of our elastic stack and running into issues getting the APM host communicate with the Elasticsearch host for one reason or another.

Below are the two errors I see when checking the log (journalctl -f)

Failed to connect to backoff(elasticsearch(https://xxx.xxx.xxx:9200)): Connection marked as failed because the onConnect callback failed: resource 'apm-7.4.0-span' exists, but it is not an alias

queue is full {"request_id": "02256630-797c-451e-a710-c9ba52091248", "method": "POST", "URL": "/intake/v2/rum/events", "content_length": 6151, "remote_address": "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.:50038", "user-agent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/78.0.3904.108 Safari/537.36", "response_code": 503, "error": "queue is full"}

I've replaced the elastic host and remote host IP in both cases with xxx.xxx.xx.xxx.

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Ran apm-server test config | Response "Config OK"
  2. Ran apm-server test output | Response "Ok across all 3 ELA host"
  3. Set output.elasticsearch.bulk_max_size from 5120 (was originally commented out)
  4. Cycled service and VM

No dice. There are no firewall rules or any other network appliance(s) between my ELA and APM servers.

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks in advance,
Kenio

In Kibana, I'm seeing the following error in the index management window:

illegal_argument_exception: index.lifecycle.rollover_alias [apm-7.4.0-span] does not point to index [apm-7.4.0-span]

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.