documents. While searches work fine, attempts at sorting on anything other
than _score gives me the following error:

[2013-03-22 16:52:14,830][DEBUG][action.search.type ] [Chi Demon]
[green_lantern_seek][0], node[QZHa0NXTSDyonklDNiy0Bg], [P], s[STARTED]:
Failed to execute [org.elasticsearch.action.search.SearchRequest@2e4f7bc2]
org.elasticsearch.search.query.QueryPhaseExecutionException:
[green_lantern_seek][0]:
query[keywords:window],from[0],size[10],sort[<custom:"timestamp":
org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefFieldComparatorSource@1be0799a>]:
Query Failed [Failed to execute main query]
at org.elasticsearch.search.query.QueryPhase.execute(QueryPhase.java:139)
at
org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.executeFetchPhase(SearchService.java:316)
at
org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction.sendExecuteFetch(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:243)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryAndFetchAction$AsyncAction.sendExecuteFirstPhase(TransportSearchQueryAndFetchAction.java:75)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.performFirstPhase(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:205)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.performFirstPhase(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:192)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction$2.run(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:178)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 148
at
org.apache.lucene.util.packed.Packed64SingleBlock$Packed64SingleBlock3.get(Packed64SingleBlock.java:308)
at
org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.plain.PagedBytesAtomicFieldData$BytesValues.getValueByOrd(PagedBytesAtomicFieldData.java:140)
at
org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefOrdValComparator.binarySearch(BytesRefOrdValComparator.java:459)
at
org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefOrdValComparator.binarySearch(BytesRefOrdValComparator.java:452)
at
org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefOrdValComparator.setBottom(BytesRefOrdValComparator.java:431)
at
org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefOrdValComparator$PerSegmentComparator.setBottom(BytesRefOrdValComparator.java:165)
at
org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefOrdValComparator.setNextReader(BytesRefOrdValComparator.java:410)
at
org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefOrdValComparator$PerSegmentComparator.setNextReader(BytesRefOrdValComparator.java:155)
at
org.apache.lucene.search.TopFieldCollector$OneComparatorNonScoringCollector.setNextReader(TopFieldCollector.java:97)
at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:602)
at
org.elasticsearch.search.internal.ContextIndexSearcher.search(ContextIndexSearcher.java:192)
at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:572)
at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:524)
at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:501)
at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:345)
at org.elasticsearch.search.query.QueryPhase.execute(QueryPhase.java:128)
... 9 more

Restricting the number of results in the query (for example adding an
additional term in the query string), and things work. So this fails:

{
"sort" : [
{ "title" : {"order" : "desc"} }
]
"query" : {
"query_string" : { "query" : "keywords:foo" }
}
}

But reducing the number of query results via another term in the query
string seems to fix the issue

{
]
"query_string" : { "query" : "keywords:foo filter:bar" }
}
}

I assume I'm running into some kind of resource limitation, but I'm not
sure where to start. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanx in advance --
m

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Can you reproduce it with a real dataset?
Also post your mapping.

I don't think that the following really reduce the number of hits:
{
]
}
}

So your real use case could help here.

--
David :wink:
Twitter : @dadoonet / @elasticsearchfr / @scrutmydocs

Le 22 mars 2013 à 23:08, Michael Owings tafkaks@gmail.com a écrit :

I have an index with a relatively small number (around 36k) of largish documents. While searches work fine, attempts at sorting on anything other than _score gives me the following error:

[2013-03-22 16:52:14,830][DEBUG][action.search.type ] [Chi Demon] [green_lantern_seek][0], node[QZHa0NXTSDyonklDNiy0Bg], [P], s[STARTED]: Failed to execute [org.elasticsearch.action.search.SearchRequest@2e4f7bc2]
org.elasticsearch.search.query.QueryPhaseExecutionException: [green_lantern_seek][0]: query[keywords:window],from[0],size[10],sort[<custom:"timestamp": org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefFieldComparatorSource@1be0799a>]: Query Failed [Failed to execute main query]
at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.executeFetchPhase(SearchService.java:316)
at org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction.sendExecuteFetch(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:243)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryAndFetchAction$AsyncAction.sendExecuteFirstPhase(TransportSearchQueryAndFetchAction.java:75)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.performFirstPhase(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:205)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.performFirstPhase(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:192)
at org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction$2.run(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:178)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at org.apache.lucene.util.packed.Packed64SingleBlock$Packed64SingleBlock3.get(Packed64SingleBlock.java:308)
at org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.plain.PagedBytesAtomicFieldData$BytesValues.getValueByOrd(PagedBytesAtomicFieldData.java:140)
at org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefOrdValComparator.binarySearch(BytesRefOrdValComparator.java:459)
at org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefOrdValComparator.binarySearch(BytesRefOrdValComparator.java:452)
at org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefOrdValComparator.setBottom(BytesRefOrdValComparator.java:431)
at org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefOrdValComparator$PerSegmentComparator.setBottom(BytesRefOrdValComparator.java:165)
at org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefOrdValComparator.setNextReader(BytesRefOrdValComparator.java:410)
at org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefOrdValComparator$PerSegmentComparator.setNextReader(BytesRefOrdValComparator.java:155)
at org.apache.lucene.search.TopFieldCollector$OneComparatorNonScoringCollector.setNextReader(TopFieldCollector.java:97)
at org.elasticsearch.search.internal.ContextIndexSearcher.search(ContextIndexSearcher.java:192)
... 9 more

Restricting the number of results in the query (for example adding an additional term in the query string), and things work. So this fails:

{
]
}
}

But reducing the number of query results via another term in the query string seems to fix the issue

{
]
}
}

I assume I'm running into some kind of resource limitation, but I'm not sure where to start. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanx in advance -- m

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

--

hey,

which version are you using, is it possible you are running beta1? I fixed
a bug 10 days ago that looked very much like this:

please lemme know which version you are running and if you run beta1 can
you try and verify with the RC1?

simon

On Friday, March 22, 2013 11:08:47 PM UTC+1, Michael Owings wrote:

I have an index with a relatively small number (around 36k) of largish

[green_lantern_seek][0]:
org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefFieldComparatorSource@1be0799a>]:
at
org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.executeFetchPhase(SearchService.java:316)
at
org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction.sendExecuteFetch(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:243)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchQueryAndFetchAction$AsyncAction.sendExecuteFirstPhase(TransportSearchQueryAndFetchAction.java:75)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.performFirstPhase(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:205)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.performFirstPhase(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:192)
at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction$2.run(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:178)
at
at
at
org.apache.lucene.util.packed.Packed64SingleBlock$Packed64SingleBlock3.get(Packed64SingleBlock.java:308)
at
org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.plain.PagedBytesAtomicFieldData$BytesValues.getValueByOrd(PagedBytesAtomicFieldData.java:140)
at
org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefOrdValComparator.binarySearch(BytesRefOrdValComparator.java:459)
at
org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefOrdValComparator.binarySearch(BytesRefOrdValComparator.java:452)
at
org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefOrdValComparator.setBottom(BytesRefOrdValComparator.java:431)
at
org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefOrdValComparator$PerSegmentComparator.setBottom(BytesRefOrdValComparator.java:165)
at
org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefOrdValComparator.setNextReader(BytesRefOrdValComparator.java:410)
at
org.elasticsearch.index.fielddata.fieldcomparator.BytesRefOrdValComparator$PerSegmentComparator.setNextReader(BytesRefOrdValComparator.java:155)
at
org.apache.lucene.search.TopFieldCollector$OneComparatorNonScoringCollector.setNextReader(TopFieldCollector.java:97)
at
org.elasticsearch.search.internal.ContextIndexSearcher.search(ContextIndexSearcher.java:192)
... 9 more

{
]
}
}

{
]
}
}

m

--

I was indeed running beta1 and upgrading to RC1 fixed the problem. Thanks
for the fix! Cheers -- m

On Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:19:41 AM UTC-5, simonw wrote:

hey,

which version are you using, is it possible you are running beta1? I fixed
a bug 10 days ago that looked very much like this:

Use numOrds rather than numDocs as upperbound for sorting · elastic/elasticsearch@365cde8 · GitHub

simon

[green_lantern_seek][0]:
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
... 9 more

{
]
}
}

{
]
}
}

m

--

thanks for reporting back! very much appreciated!

simon

On Saturday, March 23, 2013 5:16:26 PM UTC+1, Michael Owings wrote:

I was indeed running beta1 and upgrading to RC1 fixed the problem. Thanks
for the fix! Cheers -- m

On Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:19:41 AM UTC-5, simonw wrote:

hey,

which version are you using, is it possible you are running beta1? I
fixed a bug 10 days ago that looked very much like this:

Use numOrds rather than numDocs as upperbound for sorting · elastic/elasticsearch@365cde8 · GitHub

simon

[green_lantern_seek][0]:
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
... 9 more

{
]
}
}

{
]
}
}

m

--