Auditbeat Connection Issue ElasticSearch

I'm fairly new to Elastic. When configuring my auditbeats.yml file and testing it I get this error:

Exiting: Couldn't connect to any of the configured Elasticsearch hosts. Errors: [Error connection to Elasticsearch http://xxxxx:9200: Connection marked as failed because the onConnect callback failed: Auditbeat required the default distribution of Elasticsearch. Please update the default distribution of Elasticsearch for full access to all free features, or switch to the OSS distribution of Auditbeat. ]

I'm using a Bitnami ELK VM distribution. Has anyone else had this problem?

I am using Elasticsearch version 7.6.0 and Auditbeat version 7.6.0 as well.

When running the auditbeat -e -d "*" I get an error stating: "Exiting: data path already locked by another beat"

Thanks

It seems that you are using the Basic version of Auditbeat. But the license of the Elasticsearch you are trying to connect to is Open source, not Basic.

You need to run the OSS version of Auditbeat in order to connect to Bitnami ELK. Alternatively, you can switch to Elastic Cloud, so you can get access to all Basic features of Auditbeat.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.