Auto Creation of Map/Type Failure

Hi,

I am working on creating a data sync between sql server & elasticsearch. In elasticsearch I have created an index
with a mapping 'default' (note this default mapping has 900+ fields). The type of the document is mapping to a field in sql server & every time I sync a record that is of a new type, elasticsearch goes ahead and auto creates the type for me (based on the default type that is created). The issue I am running into is sometimes this auto creation of the type takes several minutes to create and can fail with the error message below. Anyone has any ideas how to resolve this? I am using Elasticsearch 5.0.

ProcessClusterEventTimeoutException[failed to process cluster event (put-mapping) within 30s]
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.ClusterService.lambda$null$4(ClusterService.java:430)
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.ThreadContext$ContextPreservingRunnable.run(ThreadContext.java:444)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

That's a pretty large mapping, and probably part of the problem.

I believe so too, however, apart from reducing the size of the mapping, any ideas?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.