Auto-login in iFrame using nginx proxy

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to follow the post here in order login to my Kibana iFrame via nginx as proxy but I fail.

I'm not really good with proxies and nginx in particular so maybe I'm missing something important that I don't see.

I use a VM to host my web page where the iFrame is, with apache, and then I use nginx proxy to rename the url and I also want to authenticate through it to be transparent for users. But that doesn't log me in. Everything seems to work except this. The most important thing :smiley:

Here's my nginx conf, it is in the conf.d directory :

location /kibana-dashboard/ {
         proxy_set_header  Host $proxy_host;
         proxy_set_header  X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
         proxy_set_header  X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
         proxy_set_header  Authorization "Basic UxXxZXJBlaBlaBladmJ8cg";
         proxy_pass  http://my-virtual-machine/web-page/;

Concerning the nginx.conf, it's basic, with default parameters, I didn't change anything there.

Can I put the server parameters in my conf.d file or should it only be in the nginx.conf ? Because in the other topic, I can see some server parameters like ssl things etc..

I know it is blocked at the authentification but I cannot find any logs that says why, any ideas how to debug it ?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers.

Can't help to your question directly but I found worth noting that anonymous access is landing to Kibana 7.11 very soon.

Details here:

Hi jsanz, it's good to know! Do we have a release date or something yet ?

Still, if someone can help me with my problem, you're more than welcome !

7.11 feature freeze should be soon, you can expect to be released in late January or so, but we can't commit to specific dates, sorry.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.