Backfill Rollup indices from external Sources

hi there,
we have a legacy selwritten data retention solution which i want to migrate into pure elastic.
it contains daily averages(weighted) af some metrics over the last 5 years.
The Rollup off the latest metric already in Elastic are correct and usable, but however i try, i cant get the legacy data into my rollups.
For testing purposes i fetched a dataset for one day directly from the rollup-index with _search, removed the _id field and set the timestamp.value field back to an older date that has no rollupdata so far and wrote it via bulk write directly into the rollback index.
i can query it via normal _search queries in the rollup index, but the data does not show up via _rollup_search.
did i miss any conditions or prerequisites to "manually" create rollback data(maybe some metadata regarding rollupjobs)? or is there any docu or examples regarding this topic that i missed?
i only found a report of the guardian describing that they did exactly what i'm trying, sadly without technical details

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.