Backup logs

Thanks for pointing this out, I did think of putting the data dir and repository in the same shared filesystem. I should probably set the repository in another filesystem. Am I right to say that as long as I have my PV retained, ECK will pick up the data when it claims it, so its sort of like a backup since my PV is retained in a shared filesystem?
And may I also ask if there's any method to reclaim my PV if the elasticsearch went down and I have to reapply again? Because ECK is not deployed in Statefulset and thus it will not be able to reclaim the released PV, and manual intervention is required.

If I am using my own CephFS, I can just ignore the storage plugin and adapt the approach for the steps in modules-snapshots and thereafter, create a k8s CronJob with this example: Create automated snapshots | Elastic Cloud on Kubernetes [0.9] | Elastic , is that right? However, i am not quite sure how I can do a PUT and create a repository in my ECK. Is there any objects to call on my elasticsearch.yaml?

Apologies for the multiple questions. Im still trying to understand more on ECK. Hope you can help me understand better :slight_smile:

Automatic Elasticsearch snapshot backup found it. thanks!