Basic Configuration File

Hello,

I have the following code as a test configuration file.

input {
file {
path => "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Logs_elasticsearch\test_10142015.txt"
}
}

filter {
grok {
patterns_dir => "C:\Program Files\logstash-1.5.3\patterns"
match => {"message" => "%{XYZ:time} %{GREEDYDATA:MESSAGE}"}
}
}

output {
elasticsearch {
host => localhost
protocol => "http"
}
stdout { codec => rubydebug }
}

Our pattern file has the following definition: XYZ %{MONTH} %{MONTHDAY}, %{YEAR} %{TIME} (?:AM|am|PM|pm)

I got the following error lines while running the configuration file which I believe can be safely ignored:

C:\Program Files\logstash-1.5.3\bin>logstash.bat -f test.conf
io/console not supported; tty will not be manipulated
'[DEPRECATED] use require 'concurrent' instead of require 'concurrent_ruby'
Logstash startup completed

1. If required, can someone point out any mistake that we may have?
  2. Also, I would like to validate on JSense (on a browser) if the parsing is being done as expected and that my code is working. What would be the exact command that I should be using?

At first glance it looks ok.

But what do you mean validate in your browser? LS has nothing to do with browsers.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your quick response. What I mean by "validate in my browser" is that I would like to test that my parsing that I coded in the configuration file is working as expected. I believed that it is possible to use a tool (such as JSsense) that uses a browser as an interface to run the commands.

Else, I would not mind running the commands soly on command line.

Thanks for your assistance

I was looking for some assistance as we were not able to output the labels using a curl command after we ran the configuration file shown above.

Can someone show us how we would test this part of the code.

Regards

I'm a little lost here, you don't use curl with this.
Can you be a little more explicit with what you are doing, including what commands you are running.