Basic sync rules with subfield

Basic sync rules of fields having subfield is not working. For example If there is an object field manager with a subfield age , then a basic rule to exclude manager.age > 30 is not workig. What could be wrong here?

Hey @Ankur_Mathur Our docs don’t mention accessing nested fields for basic sync rules. To confirm, I checked the implementation, and unfortunately, we currently don’t support dot notation for nested field lookups.

One potential workaround is to customize the ingest pipeline for your connector. In the Pipeline tab within the connector window, you can modify the ingest pipeline. On the edit pipeline screen, you can add a Drop processor to filter out documents based on specific conditions. I’ve attached a screenshot for reference.

If you believe supporting nested field lookups for basic sync rules would be a valuable enhancement for connectors, feel free to submit an enhancement request as an issue in GitHub - elastic/connectors: Source code for all Elastic connectors, developed by the Search team at Elastic, and home of our Python connector development framework :slight_smile:

thanks @Jedr_Blaszyk for you response. I have tried with ingest pipeline and it works fine. BTW elastic support assistant informs that its possible to use nested fields lookups.