I'm trying out
Central Management (Beta) and finding a lot of issues with it...
This functionality is in beta and is subject to change. The design and code is less mature than official GA features and is being provided as-is with no warranties. Beta features are not subject to the support SLA of official GA features.
I get that it's beta and all that, I thought I'd provide my feedback though)
- Enroll Beats - not sure if that's okay or not, but how does one enroll a large amount of beats? using same token or ...?
- Configuration tags - even though
Removebutton is in place, it's not working (nothing happens when I try to remove any of configurations tags)
- crash? - while playing around with it, I've noticed whole section disappears, good news, there is a workaround: go directly to
/app/kibana#/management/beats_management/, after few tries it'll reappear back...
- tag details - once you pick color, there is no way to change it (minor)
- type: if configuration block has configuration for both filebeat and metricbeat, and tag was applied to both filebeat and metricbeat... i guess only what really applies will happen and rest will be ignored? bit confusing to even be able to apply tag with that configuration block to incompatible beat agent (maybe it's just me)
- tag -> module - always appears as n/a, even though module was picked (bug)
- rows per page: default is 5, I believe default should be higher and max of 20 rows should probably bumped to higher number as well, plus it'd be nice if that number would be saved somewhere, otherwise even scrolling through pages is painful...
hopefully that makes sense)