I'd appreciate your thoughts on how to approcah the following use case:
- I have to configure a Logstash pipeline to index a table in SQL Server
- The thing is, although the table structure is the same for every client, the databases are not: each client has its own database in SQL Server
- The JDBC input plugin requires a connection string, username and password to make the connection, those would be unique for every instance (client)
- The statement would be the same for all of them
So, how would be the best approach to this? Will Logstash scalate well?
Two approaches I can think of are:
- 50 different pipelines in
/etc/logstash/pipelines.yml, 50 different pipeline configs, trying the most to get values from env variables (maybe only the connection credentials would differ)
- 1 pipeline in
/etc/logstash/pipelines.yml, but 50 inputs in the pipeline config
Do you have any other suggestion?
Thank you very much