Bug in pyelasticsearch.py


(elasticsearcher) #1

On line 193 (I believe), in function index() of pyelasticsearch.py, the python API for elasticsearch, there is a typo.

The line reads: "querystring_args = {'opType':'create'}"
But should read: "querystring_args = {'op_type':'create'}", as the parameter's name is 'op_type', not 'opType'.

This, of course, will prevent python users from force-inserting, a problem I couldn't figure out why I was having... This seems to be the only problem I have discovered.

This may have been fixed already, but I thought I'd post it in case it hadn't.
(I pulled pyelasticsearch.py down in version 0.8)


(Robert Eanes) #2

Thanks, I pushed the fix up to github.
I do have to say though, that I haven't had a chance to update pyelasticsearch for a little while, there may be incompatibilities with the latest version of elasticsearch. Unfortunately the project I was going to use elasticsearch for didn't happen, so I haven't been tracking development closely.

On Aug 13, 2010, at 9:43 AM, elasticsearcher wrote:

On line 193 (I believe), in function index() of pyelasticsearch.py, the
python API for elasticsearch, there is a typo.

The line reads: "querystring_args = {'opType':'create'}"
But should read: "querystring_args = {'op_type':'create'}", as the
parameter's name is 'op_type', not 'opType'.

This, of course, will prevent python users from force-inserting, a problem I
couldn't figure out why I was having... This seems to be the only problem I
have discovered.

This may have been fixed already, but I thought I'd post it in case it
hadn't.
(I pulled pyelasticsearch.py down in version 0.8)

View this message in context: http://elasticsearch-users.115913.n3.nabble.com/Bug-in-pyelasticsearch-py-tp1134050p1134050.html
Sent from the ElasticSearch Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


(system) #3