Build issue (branch - main) - Mar-05

(aditya.kulkarni) #1

Hi,

Got code from github.
Development platform: Windows Vista
java version "1.6.0_07"

Did gradlew, it went with couple of warnings related to javax.annotation.concurrent.GuardedBy
e.g.
org\elasticsearch\common\collect\CustomConcurrentHashMap$StrongExpirableEvictabl
eEntry.class(org\elasticsearch\common\collect:CustomConcurrentHashMap$StrongExpi
rableEvictableEntry.class): warning: Cannot find annotation method 'value()' in
type 'javax.annotation.concurrent.GuardedBy'

Q1: Why this warning? Any chance to know author's java version?

Still it went ahead and did build with success.
After that I did gradlew test, which didn't succeed error was with ':plugins-analysis-icu:test'

• What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ':plugins-analysis-icu:test'.
    Cause: There were failing tests. See the report at E:\chrome-downloads\apps\elas
    ticsearch\plugins\analysis\icu\build\reports\tests.

Q2:How to get past this error?

Q3:Anyone in this list has done architectural review for ES? Any ready pointers will be helpful.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Aditya

(aditya.kulkarni) #2

Okay, for build error I removed plugins-analysis-icu and it went ahead in test. After that it gave same error for hadoop, which got removed with deletion of hadoop plugin.
After that it went through quite a few steps those I can't understand yet, but blocked on step below.
[18:54:36,688][INFO ][node ] [server2] {elasticsearch/0.15.2
-SNAPSHOT/2011-03-06T13:09:05}[648]: started
Test org.elasticsearch.test.integration.document.DocumentActionsTests FAILED
Test org.elasticsearch.test.integration.gateway.local.QuorumLocalGatewayTests FAILED

Building > :test-integration:test > 50 tests completed, 2 failures

It remained hung for more than 6 hours, and I killed batch process.

while my trials continue, this definately is not logical to remove Unicode and hadoop, so if any one got input on this one, please let me know.

(system) #3