Bulk indexing failed and after retrying 2 times. at Nest.BulkAllObservable`1.<BulkAsync>d__20.MoveNext()

ElastiSearch 7.x is working completely fine with 7.15.x Nest Client and then I have migrated to Elasticsearch 8.8.1 and its response has shown that "minimum_wire_compatibility_version" : "7.17.0".
es

As suggested upgraded the Nest Client to 7.17.5 but it is throwing the following error, Error: Elasticsearch.Net.ElasticsearchClientException: Bulk indexing failed after retrying 2 times. at
Nest.BulkAllObservable1.<BulkAsync>d__20.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from the previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Nest.BulkAllObservable1.d__23.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from the previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Nest.BulkAllObservable1.<BulkAsync>d__20.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Nest.BulkAllObservable1.d__23.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Nest.BulkAllObservable1.<BulkAsync>d__20.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Nest.Extensions.<ProcessAsync>d__302.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Nest.Extensions.d__29`2.MoveNext()

I have found similar articles, which are related to bulk but none of the solutions worked, adding the links below: Nest BulkAll - Error: ‘BulkAll halted after receiving failures that can not be retried from _bulk’ ElasticSearch Nest BulkAll halted after receiving failures that can not be retried from _bulk

Also, gone through the Indexing documentation of 7.17 Nest Client and the code is exactly as suggested in the documentation

Found a bug logged for "BulkAll should classify retried and failed documents as dropped" The branch name is bulkall-fixes and the description of the Pull Request says "Will manually port this to 7.17 once this is merged." Not sure if it's backported to 7.17.x as the labels talk only about 8.x Labels

The error is same if we use Nest Client 7.15.0 to connect to Elastic Search 8.8.1.

I wanted to upgrade the Nest Client to 8.x but the internal architecture got changed and I have to make changes to my code. Can anyone tell me - how to resolve this error?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.