Bulk-update using Rest Client throws IOException

I am trying to bulk update few fields in my documents using Rest Client. Here is how my code looks like :

String updateLastUsedTimeInBulkPath = "/_bulk"; // Tried with just "_bulk" also
StringEntity updateLastUsedTimeRequest = new StringEntity(jsonStringToUpdateLastUsedTimeInBulk);
updateLastUsedTimeRequest.setContentType("application/x-ndjson");
elasticServerRestClient.performRequest("POST", updateLastUsedTimeInBulkPath, Collections.<String, String>emptyMap(), updateLastUsedTimeRequest);

jsonStringToUpdateLastUsedTimeInBulk in the above code looks like the following :

{ "update" : {"_index" : "routematch", "_type" : "routematch", "_id" : "2686101,8264892"} }
{ "doc" : {"lastUsedTime" : "1519221900208"} }
{ "update" : {"_index" : "routematch", "_type" : "routematch", "_id" : "2686101,2686101"} }
{ "doc" : {"lastUsedTime" : "1519221900209"} }

I tried to execute the same using Kibana and it worked fine and updated the fields, but it always fails when executed using RestClient with java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

What is wrong with my code? I have tried the bulk API to index documents and it works fine. Why is update failing?

hi @shobhana ,
I have run your bulk request and it looks ok to me.

Could you maybe share your entire code, how you create your rest client instance etc ? Were you able to isolate the problem with this specific bulk request after you ingested those two documents that you are trying to update?

Thanks
Luca

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.