Button URL when ELK server IP is changed

Kibana version : 7.9

Elasticsearch version : 7.9

APM Server version : 7.9

APM Agent language and version : java 1.8

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? fresh install

Is there anything special in your setup? For example, are you using the Logstash or Kafka outputs? Are you using a load balancer in front of the APM Servers? Have you changed index pattern, generated custom templates, changed agent configuration etc. :-no

I am moving my ELK server from a machine to another new machine .So the IP address where the ELK runs will change and so will the dashboard URL. So all my buttons have to point to the new URL. I have like 20 button from my Dashboards. Am I supposed to manually edit all the URLS so that it will point to the new URL (IP address change). I have saved the URL as a saved object and used those URLs in mark down Buttons

example:- this is my markdown script. As you can see below the IP is 128.100.5.18 and now I have a new IP address for ELK Server and I have moved all dashboards using saved Object export -import to the new server. But for the button URLs do I need to manually edit the URLs to th new Ip address?

If you want to link to other dashboards on the same Kibana instance, you can just omit the host part and build URLs like this: /app/dashboards/#/view/fsdhksdkhf. If you click the button, your browser will take the current host and just append the path to it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.