Good day/night everyone! I'm new to ELK stack, and was able to make a lot of visualizations that I needed, but I'm having some trouble creating this specific Metric vusualization. Can anybody help me?
Having the measure in Watts every 5 seconds from 3 different sensors pushed to Kibana, I need to create these 3 Metrics visualization:
- Current selected period kWh (kilo watts per hour);
- Last month kWh;
- Current mont KWh.
Below are the values pushed to Elastic Search by Logstash every ~ 5 seconds, which are from 3 different sensors:
val.ap_pw is a number in Watts that I want to make the calculation.
||Jul 1, 2019 @ 19:31:36.445|Jul 1, 2019 @ 19:31:36.445|en_sensor2|508|129,11|1,02|
||Jul 1, 2019 @ 19:31:35.426|Jul 1, 2019 @ 19:31:35.426|en_sensor1|521|345,15|2,72|
||Jul 1, 2019 @ 19:31:30.359|Jul 1, 2019 @ 19:31:30.359|en_sensor3|506|84,37|0,66|
||Jul 1, 2019 @ 19:31:29.341|Jul 1, 2019 @ 19:31:29.341|en_sensor2|501|122,36|0,96|
||Jul 1, 2019 @ 19:31:28.323|Jul 1, 2019 @ 19:31:28.323|en_sensor1|522|344,54|2,71|
So, using pure math, to calculate kWh for any given time period I need to do the following:
- Calculate arithmetic mean (Average) for the individual sensors for the selected period (Let's call them M1 to M3)
- Sum the means (Let's call it Msum = M1 + M2 + M3)
- Subtract initial date from final date in the selected period (Tdifference = Tfinal - Tinitial (presuming the result will be timestamp in seconds))
- Calculate the hours in the current period (Thours = Tdifference * 60 * 60)
- Multiply the hours in the currently by the Sum of the means (Wh = Msum * Thours)
- Divide by 1000 to have kWh (kWh = Wh / 1.000)
Or: kWh = (M1 + M2 + M3) * (Tfinal - Tinitial) /60 /60 / 1000
Reading other questions related (like 'calculate bytes per second'), I've created this Metric below using Visual Builder, but is not showing the right value:
As can be see, the result should have been something around 0,55 kWh
Can somebody help me on this? Thanks in advance.