Can I have only one master eligible node in elasticsearch

I am getting following log message when my single master eligible node goes down and then starts again in ecs.
Is it possible to have a cluster with only one master eligible node? What is the ideal number of master eligible nodes in a cluster? Can I use "voting-only master-eligible node" to overcome this situation?

Please don't post pictures of text, logs or code. They are difficult to read, impossible to search and replicate (if it's code), and some people may not be even able to see them :slight_smile:

It's entirely possible. It's not recommended however.

Typically it's 3.

Only if you have another master eligible node to take the place of the one that you restarted.

How many nodes do you have in your cluster?

I am sorry about the picture.
Right now I am trying to use a single master and a data node cluster and I am getting the above mentioned log when I was testing it out by shutting down the master node. The log is for the data node where it isn't able to connect to the master as when the master come up again it has a different UUID.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.