Can not load kibana homepage

Hi All,

I'm using kibana 6.8, I got below error after launched kibana

Thank you for any response.

Hey, could you attach the Kibana server logs? They will likely contain more information about what's going wrong here

Hi flash,

There is no error on Kibana server logs, it is front-end errors. I checked with release version, It worked well, but tag version https://github.com/elastic/kibana/tree/v6.8.0, I got above error

Below are missed files:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
index.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
index.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
2bootstrap.js:32 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'dataset' of null
at HTMLLinkElement.failure (bootstrap.js:32)
bootstrap.js:32 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'dataset' of null
2bootstrap.js:32 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'dataset' of null
vendors.bundle.dll.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
at HTMLScriptElement.failure (bootstrap.js:32)
vendors.style.dll.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

I checked in above files not found in kibana\built_assets\css\plugins. I copied these files from release branch. and I got below error:

commons.bundle.js:3 Uncaught TypeError: _intlMessageformat.default.__addLocaleData is not a function
at addLocaleData (commons.bundle.js:3)
at Object. (commons.bundle.js:3)
at webpack_require (kibana.bundle.js:2)
at Object. (kibana.bundle.js:2)

I don't know how to solve above error. there is not error on kibana server logs

Then the issue is probably in the way you build Kibana. Could you provide details about your environment (OS, version, ...) and how you are building Kibana (exact command and output)? Did you change the source code in any way?

Along those lines - why are you building Kibana yourself instead of using the release-bundle? If you want a pure open-source build, those are also provided: https://www.elastic.co/downloads/past-releases#kibana-oss

1. OS: Windows10
  2. Elasticsearch https://www.elastic.co/downloads/past-releases/elasticsearch-6-8-0
  3. Kibana https://github.com/elastic/kibana/tree/v6.8.0

Steps build kibana

1. start Elasticsearch
    D:\ES\elasticsearch-6.8.0\bin> elasticsearch
  2. build kibana
    D:\ES\kibana>yarn install
    D:\ES\kibana>git init
    D:\ES\kibana>yarn kbn bootstrap
    D:\ES\kibana>cd bin
    D:\ES\kibana\bin>kibana
    below is my kibana console log

bootstrap is only setting up your environment for development or building, it's not actually building the front end bundle. If you are in a dev environment you can start the Kibana server with an in-memory build that's also watching for file changes via yarn start. For actually building check out the documentation in CONTRIBUTING.md: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#building-os-packages

After these steps there will be a built version of Kibana in the target dir.

However it's recommended to use the provided packages if possible.

I got below error when I run yarn start

yarn run v1.21.1
$ sh ./bin/kibana --dev
'sh' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
error Command failed with exit code 1.
info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run for documentation about this command.

actually "yarn start" call kibana.bat, so I run kibana.bat

Could you try including the --dev flag? D:\ES\kibana\bin>kibana --dev

I got the same issues after run D:\ES\kibana\bin>kibana --dev

I see, this makes sense. In the CONTRIBUTING.md it says you have to use cygwin or another shell: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#running-kibana

On Windows, you'll need to use Git Bash, Cygwin, or a similar shell that exposes the sh command. And to successfully build you'll need Cygwin optional packages zip, tar, and shasum.

Seems like it's not supported to start the development server with the default cmd utility on windows.

1 Like

I got some errors related missing files, after I copied missing files to kibana\built_assets\css\plugins, It works
Thank you for your support

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.