Cannot join nodes to master

I am trying to create an elasticsearch cluster with several nodes, I have 3 master nodes, but every time they try to join it gives this error.

[2020-01-15T15:37:21,421][WARN ][o.e.c.c.Coordinator      ] [emc-master-03] failed to validate incoming join request from node [{emc-cliente-01}{iqUQMm0fQJCJTpPxZH8N4g}{iTqfES1CRM6BKSSOQb30LQ}{10.28.11.1}{10.28.11.1:9300}{il}{ml.machine_memory=2684354560, ml.max_open_jobs=20, xpack.installed=true}]
org.elasticsearch.transport.ReceiveTimeoutTransportException: [emc-cliente-01][10.28.11.1:9300][internal:cluster/coordination/join/validate] request_id [21] timed out after [60034ms]
    at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService$TimeoutHandler.run(TransportService.java:1022) [elasticsearch-7.5.1.jar:7.5.1]
    at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.ThreadContext$ContextPreservingRunnable.run(ThreadContext.java:703) [elasticsearch-7.5.1.jar:7.5.1]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:830) [?:?]

HELP!!!!

Hey @Julio_Edel_Salas_Dia, there's not a lot of information in this single log message except that the node took over 60 seconds to join the cluster and hit a timeout. To get a more useful answer you'll need to share all your logs from all the nodes. Use something like https://gist.github.com/ since there will be more information than will fit in a post here.

(I've reformatted your logs; please format your posts carefully in future or else they're likely to get ignored)

@DavidTurner
From the previous problem I found a partial solution: if I put all the nodes on the same host there is no problem, it does not work when on different hosts (servers) and log something like this:

spacesorg.elasticsearch.transport.ReceiveTimeoutTransportException: [emc-master-02] 10.28.11.7:9300][internal:cluster/coordination/join/validate] request_id [48] timed out after [60035ms]

I can't really offer any advice from this tiny fragment of information alone.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.