Cannot see filebeat process logs

Hi

I have installed filebeat 7.5 on a Ubuntu machine - even though I enabled logging, I don't see filebeat's own logs being written to file or even the file being created at /var/log/filebeat

I added more info to the configuration hoping that would work but I still don't see logs

This is the printed in the system service status:

/usr/share/filebeat/bin/filebeat -e -c /etc/filebeat/filebeat.yml -path.home /usr/share/filebeat -path.config /etc/filebeat -path.data /var/lib/filebeat -path.logs /var/log/filebeat

And this is what the log section of filebeat.yml looks like now:

logging.level: info                                                                                                                                                                                                logging.to_files: true
logging.files:
path: /var/log/filebeat
name: filebeat
keepfiles: 7
permissions: 064

Looking at the log section of filebeat.yml that you posted here, there seems to be no indentation at all. YAML is sensitive to indentation and incorrect indentation can cause unexpected behavior.

Are you sure this is exactly how the log section of your filebeat.yml is formatted?

Sorry for the late reply - I modified the above configuration block and set it to the following:

filebeat

But I don't see the file:

root@machine-1:~# ls -lrt /var/log/filebeat
ls: cannot access '/var/log/filebeat': No such file or directory
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.