I am working on a book and lecture series on aggregating, processing,
searching, analyzing and visualizing large amounts of log data using open
I am at a point now in the process where I would like to solicit use cases
for some chapters in the course.
I think it is a good idea if we can discuss a variety of use cases that
leverages these open source tools to solve these problems.
These are some of the key areas of what the book and course is focussed on:
- Aggregating Log Data from Multiple Sources at High Velocity and Volume
using Apache Flume and Logstash.
- Parsing the Raw Log Data to Extract Meaningful Information.
- Buffering the Log Events before being routed to centralized storage.
- Storing the buffered Log Events in Centralized datastores like
ElasticSearch and HDFS.
- Processing and make sense of the log data stored in HDFS.
- Interrogating and Searching through the log events indexed in
ElasticSearch in real time.
- Visualizing patterns, trends and information in the log data.
If you have a unique setup, strategy, use-case, requirement, need or
problem you have solved or are in the process of solving, I would like to
hear about it.
Please drop me a line at (israel @ aicer dot org)
Please make sure to include the phrase "Case Study" in your email subject
so that my filters can pick it up.
Author and Instructor for the Upcoming Book and Lecture Series
Massive Log Data Aggregation, Processing, Searching and Visualization with
Open Source Software
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.