Cassandra database tls connection issue on logstash

Hello All,

Recently we made changes on Cassandra database to connect with tls, I don't find much details to configuring tls on logstash. Can you pls share the any help link for configuring the ssl with logstash.

Thanks advance.

Welcome!

Could you share your existing job configuration?

jdbc {
    jdbc_driver_library => "./cassandra-jdbc-driver-0.6.4-shaded.jar"
    jdbc_driver_class => "com.github.cassandra.jdbc.CassandraDriver"
    jdbc_connection_string => "jdbc:c*://${host}:${port}/${keyspace}"
    jdbc_user => "${user}"
    jdbc_password => "${password}"
    jdbc_validate_connection => true
    lowercase_column_names => true
    statement => "${statement}"
    record_last_run => false
  }

I have used above configuration for connecting cassandra database, now I need to connect with ssl based.

Please don't post unformatted code, logs, or configuration as it's very hard to read.

Instead, paste the text and format it with </> icon or pairs of triple backticks (```), and check the preview window to make sure it's properly formatted before posting it. This makes it more likely that your question will receive a useful answer.

I think you are using this driver, right?

It has not been updated for 7 years. I'm not sure it supports SSL...
I think you need to ask the author...

we are okay use new driver as well but what connection string we need to pass for cassandra connection for ssl.

It depends on the driver I guess.
Each datasource/driver has its own parameters.

For postgresql, I think it's something like

ssl=true

See Using SSL | pgJDBC

So look at the jdbc driver docs to see what is needed.

Thanks for reply, I tried but it didn't work.

What did you try? I didn't give any advice but to look at the documentation of the jdbc driver.

In logstash input file added below lines

String jdbcUrl = "jdbc:cassandra://:/?ssl=true&sslTruststore=path/to/truststore&truststorePassword=password";

But still connection failed.

Where is the documentation about those settings? Could you share the link? And how does look your Logstash config now?