Change docker registry and repo path

Hi there,

we have a satellite server for our internal docker registry. When I setup ECE I can change the registry server but not the repository path.

Unfortunatley we have a static path and cannot change it.

satellite.company-registry.de:5000/company-name-elastic_cloud_enterprise-cloud-assets_elasticsearch:7.4.1-1

But the Syntax of the Installation script is

docker pull ${DOCKER_REGISTRY}/${ECE_DOCKER_REPOSITORY}/elastic-cloud-enterprise:${CLOUD_ENTERPRISE_VERSION}

As you can see we cannot combine this.
Is there another way or another config where I can change this.
Or do I have to change the Script within?

Greetings
Malte

If I change the elastic-cloud-enterprise.sh manually I get an Error:

Errors have caused Elastic Cloud Enterprise installation to fail
404 Client Error: Not Found ("b'No such image: satellite6.lan.company-name.de:5000/company-name-elastic_cloud_enterprise-cloud-enterprise/elastic-cloud-enterprise:2.4.1'")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/docker/client.py", line 150, in _raise_for_status
    response.raise_for_status()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 929, in raise_for_status
    raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: http+docker://localunixsocket/v1.23/containers/create?name=elastic-cloud-enterprise-bootstrap-2.4.1

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/elastic_cloud_apps/bootstrap-initiator/initiator.py", line 85, in <module>
    bootstrap_container_id = docker.run_bootstrap_container(bootstrap_properties)
  File "/elastic_cloud_apps/bootstrap-initiator/bootstrap_initiator/docker.py", line 53, in run_bootstrap_container
    'containerhost': bootstrap_properties['RUNNER_HOST_IP']
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/docker/api/container.py", line 120, in create_container
    return self.create_container_from_config(config, name)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/docker/api/container.py", line 131, in create_container_from_config
    return self._result(res, True)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/docker/client.py", line 158, in _result
    self._raise_for_status(response)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/docker/client.py", line 153, in _raise_for_status
    raise errors.NotFound(e, response, explanation=explanation)
docker.errors.NotFound: 404 Client Error: Not Found ("b'No such image: satellite6.lan.company-name.de:5000/company-name-elastic_cloud_enterprise-cloud-enterprise/elastic-cloud-enterprise:2.4.1'")

Looks like it needs a "slash" before the image name.

Greetings
Malte

Hi @logger

Unfortunately there is a known issue currently where you cannot change the repo path (the stackpacks are hardcoded to /cloud-assets). There is an internal issue tracking this and it should get fixed in a forthcoming minor. In the meantime the only known workaround is to retag images. Sorry about that

Alex

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.