Class NetworkPlugin has not found- Elasticsearch 6.1.1

Application throws java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.elasticsearch.plugins.NetworkPlugin. In the pom I added two dependencies:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.elasticsearch</groupId>
    <artifactId>elasticsearch</artifactId>
    <version>6.1.1</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.elasticsearch.client</groupId>
    <artifactId>transport</artifactId>
    <version>6.1.1</version>
</dependency>

private static final String SERVER_IP = "127.0.0.1";
  private static final Integer SERVER_PORT = 9300;

@Bean
    public TransportClient transportClient() throws UnknownHostException {

return new PreBuiltTransportClient(Settings.EMPTY).addTransportAddress(
                new TransportAddress(InetAddress.getByName(SERVER_IP), SERVER_PORT));;
    }

Before this post I deleted all files inside .m2 folder and reimport all dependencies. Anybody has idea where can be a problem?

Today I focused on available maven repository for this project and found two different dependencies, but I can't find older version in maven pom. I attach image with print screen: ibb.co/mUgU4G . Older elasticsearch version is marked as parent and is a third party pom. Thank you for reply :slight_smile:

Just run:

mvn dependency:tree

And you will see which other lib brings Elasticsearch 2.

As you did not share your full pom.xml here, it's hard to know.

Raport

dependencyTreeMain - dependency report from the whole project (dependency:tree),
pomCore file - it is a module where I have implement TransportClient to Elasticsearch.

org.elasticsearch.client:transport:6.1.1 has org.elasticsearch:elasticsearch:2.4.6

Problem should be easier to find. Additionally in the project I am using Spring Boot.

Could you share that as gist.github.com instead ?

And yes I was suspecting you are using Spring. You need to fix the spring deps I think.

1 Like

Yes of course

gist.github raport

Problem has been resolved: Spring Boot has default elasticsearch version below 5.0.0. The solution was by adding properties with version Elasticsearch, which we want to use in application. @dadoonet, thank you very much. You have been right about the conflict of dependencies Spring.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.