I am setting up new cluster.
Will have few new systems. and have some question.
- four high end servers with faster disk, 192gig ram, faster network connection with multiple cpu. (master/data)
- one server will be little old on low end (master only)
- one server will be low on storage space but 192gig ram, high network and faster cpu with memory (logstash)
- putting about 2Million record daily.,
- about 10 index will be busy all time constantly adding records.
- about 10 index will get some kind of data few hours or once a day not that much.
- Trying to keep each shard max 20gig for high end index with one replica
- all other lower size index will have one shard and one replica
Should I do this?
4x data/master - about 8TB total space for hot index, 6 tb for cold index
1x master only
1x logstash only
On logstash point all output to 4xdata/master ?
or should I spin up three container on logstash server that way I will have three logstash system?
should I do same, get some old hardware and spin up some instance?