Cluster getting deleted automatically

I am facing a very strange problem. I am crawling some data and saving it form time to time but my nodes in the cluster are deleted automatically as i am saving. I checked log files it only had two lines in it

[2017-01-19 15:18:34,201][INFO ][cluster.metadata         ] [Terror] [please_read] creating index, cause [api], templates [], shards [5]/[1], mappings []
[2017-01-19 15:18:34,372][INFO ][cluster.routing.allocation] [Terror] Cluster health status changed from [RED] to [YELLOW] (reason: [shards started [[please_read][0], [please_read][4], [please_read][4], [please_read][0]] ...]).

I think you have been hit by the same attack as Ransom attack on Elasticsearch cluster? because your cluster is open on the internet. You should read that topic and also this one (including the linked blog posts): Protect your data from ransom attacks

it deletes all the nodes randomly at anytime . is it possible that it might happen because of low server config ? as i am using 4gb of ram only and the crawling process includes insert and update of data in every 30 -40 min

As I said you should read the topics I linked to and the blog posts they contain and you should reconfigured your Elasticsearch cluster so it is not accessible from the open internet

Is it possible that it might happen because of low server config ? as i am using 4gb of ram only and the crawling process includes insert and update of data in every 30 -40 min

Have you read the links I provided? They explain that this is a result of a malicious attack on your cluster. You need to read the links and follow their advice.

1 Like

okay thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.