Code contribution - Concatenate filter


(Stephane Bastian) #1

Hi,

I recently had a need for a filter that concatenates tokens. There is no
such filter in ES out-of-the-box, so I developed it.
This filter might be useful to others and I'm wondering if there a
'contrib' package in ES where I could commit the code?

Stephane Bastian


(Shay Banon) #2

Hi Stephane,

You can send a pull request, or maybe point me to a place where I can look at the code. If its a pure Lucene filter, maybe it makes sense to contribute it to Lucene, and then use it in elasticsearch?

-shay.banon

On Monday, July 4, 2011 at 12:54 PM, stephane wrote:

Hi,

I recently had a need for a filter that concatenates tokens. There is no
such filter in ES out-of-the-box, so I developed it.
This filter might be useful to others and I'm wondering if there a
'contrib' package in ES where I could commit the code?

Stephane Bastian


(Otis Gospodnetić) #3

Hi,

Is this ES-specific? Or Lucene-level code?
If the latter, wouldn't it make more sense to contribute it to Lucene
instead? ES could still use it.

Otis

Sematext is hiring search people! http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html

On Jul 4, 7:26 am, Shay Banon shay.ba...@elasticsearch.com wrote:

Hi Stephane,

You can send a pull request, or maybe point me to a place where I can look at the code. If its a pure Lucene filter, maybe it makes sense to contribute it to Lucene, and then use it in elasticsearch?

-shay.banon

On Monday, July 4, 2011 at 12:54 PM, stephane wrote:

Hi,

I recently had a need for a filter that concatenates tokens. There is no
such filter in ES out-of-the-box, so I developed it.
This filter might be useful to others and I'm wondering if there a
'contrib' package in ES where I could commit the code?

Stephane Bastian


(Stephane Bastian) #4

Hi all,

The filter is a very simple lucene filter. Then there is the factory
class to make it work in ES.
You are both right, it makes sens to contribute the filter to Lucene and
the factory to ES.

Stephane

On Mon, 2011-07-04 at 17:22 -0700, Otis wrote:

Hi,

Is this ES-specific? Or Lucene-level code?
If the latter, wouldn't it make more sense to contribute it to Lucene
instead? ES could still use it.

Otis

Sematext is hiring search people! http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html

On Jul 4, 7:26 am, Shay Banon shay.ba...@elasticsearch.com wrote:

Hi Stephane,

You can send a pull request, or maybe point me to a place where I can look at the code. If its a pure Lucene filter, maybe it makes sense to contribute it to Lucene, and then use it in elasticsearch?

-shay.banon

On Monday, July 4, 2011 at 12:54 PM, stephane wrote:

Hi,

I recently had a need for a filter that concatenates tokens. There is no
such filter in ES out-of-the-box, so I developed it.
This filter might be useful to others and I'm wondering if there a
'contrib' package in ES where I could commit the code?

Stephane Bastian


(Shay Banon) #5

Maybe you can point at the code for the filter and the factory (send a pull request)? I can review it if you want, and we can work on getting it submitted as a patch to Lucene (the filter itself).

On Tuesday, July 5, 2011 at 11:03 AM, stephane wrote:

Hi all,

The filter is a very simple lucene filter. Then there is the factory
class to make it work in ES.
You are both right, it makes sens to contribute the filter to Lucene and
the factory to ES.

Stephane

On Mon, 2011-07-04 at 17:22 -0700, Otis wrote:

Hi,

Is this ES-specific? Or Lucene-level code?
If the latter, wouldn't it make more sense to contribute it to Lucene
instead? ES could still use it.

Otis

Sematext is hiring search people! http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html

On Jul 4, 7:26 am, Shay Banon <shay.ba...@elasticsearch.com (http://elasticsearch.com)> wrote:

Hi Stephane,

You can send a pull request, or maybe point me to a place where I can look at the code. If its a pure Lucene filter, maybe it makes sense to contribute it to Lucene, and then use it in elasticsearch?

-shay.banon

On Monday, July 4, 2011 at 12:54 PM, stephane wrote:

Hi,

I recently had a need for a filter that concatenates tokens. There is no
such filter in ES out-of-the-box, so I developed it.
This filter might be useful to others and I'm wondering if there a
'contrib' package in ES where I could commit the code?

Stephane Bastian


(cole) #6

Hi Stephane and Shay,

Was there any progress in adding the concatenation filter to Lucene (and ES) last summer? I can't find any evidence of built-in support for this type of filter.

Thanks,
Cole


(Shay Banon) #7

Do you have a reference to it? I don't remember it...

On Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 10:31 PM, cole wrote:

Hi Stephane and Shay,

Was there any progress in adding the concatenation filter to Lucene (and ES)
last summer? I can't find any evidence of built-in support for this type of
filter.

Thanks,
Cole

--
View this message in context: http://elasticsearch-users.115913.n3.nabble.com/Code-contribution-Concatenate-filter-tp3137058p3707818.html
Sent from the ElasticSearch Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com (http://Nabble.com).


(cole) #8

Hi Shay,

I had some mailing list confusion and ended up starting a new thread for my question. Stephane answered it here: http://elasticsearch-users.115913.n3.nabble.com/Is-there-a-concatenation-filter-td3711094.html

Thanks,
cole


(system) #9