Collect browser info with RUM in Angular application

Hi,
I'm using APM in my Angular application and it works like a charm. After some weeks I'm really happy of it but I'd like to collect more data from my Angular application (I'm using also APM JAVA for the server Spring app and there I've much more data).

I'd like to collect informations about the browser of users that are using my Angular application. Sometimes, when I inspect errors, it's convenient to know which browser the user was using when a client error was raised.

Is that possible/a good practice?

Thanks

Hi @Daniele_Renda,

Happy to hear that you liked the Angular Integration.

Sometimes, when I inspect errors, it's convenient to know which browser the user was using when a client error was raised.

All of the error, transaction events should have user agent information added in the APM server. Check this document on enabling the ingest pipelines Parse data using ingest node pipelines | APM User Guide [master] | Elastic

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,]
Vignesh

Thanks for your reply. I'm on ElasticCloud :wink: Actually the only information I see it's the agent.name but it's not the browser as you can see in the attached screenshot.

I guess the default pipeline you were referring to is already configured in ElasticCloud instances, isn't it?

Thanks

Yes that is correct it should be enabled by default. Can you go to the actual error document and check there instead?

Thanks,
Vignesh

Unfortunately browser info are not present in the document itself.

Any hint about it? Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.