Combine terms of multiple fields into one bucket aggregation

Hi community,
Given the following index which contains media and its related products (simplified):

{
    	"media": {
    		"mappings": {
    			"doc": {
    				"properties": {
    					"color": {
    						"type": "keyword"
    					},
    					"product": {
    						"type": "nested",
    						"properties": {
    							"identifier": {
    							},
    							}
    						}
    					}
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	}
    }

Where the color property can either be set on the media itself or on the product or both. I'd like to get a bucket aggregation for the property color, no matter if it is set on the media or on the product.
So what I did was bascially two aggregations (one for each field), and calculated the sum for each term of the two fields (afterwords with a script):

{
    	"aggs": {
    		"media_color_bucket": {
    			"terms": {
    				"field": "color"
    			}
    		},
    		"product_color_bucket": {
    			"nested": {
    				"path": "product"
    			},
    			"aggs": {
    					"terms": {
    						"field": "product.color"
    					}
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	}
    }

Now if there's e.g. a media which has color = "red" and there's also an assigned product with color="red" and I sum up the two fields i get 2 as doc count although these two matches are found on the same "root"-document.

So what I'm looking for is sth. like an aggregation, where I can combine the terms of these two fields into one aggregation and if they occur multiple times on the same "root"-document it should only count once.
Or in other words: For each color-term I want the count of media documents that either have the color itself or a related product with the color.
Is there a way to reach this?

Regards
Tobi

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.