ComMysqlJdbcExceptionsJdbc4::CommunicationsException: Communications link failure, if i schedule query every system hour

Kindly find my conf file as below:

input {
jdbc {
jdbc_connection_string => "jdbc:mysql://172.23.125.52:3304/faredge"

jdbc_user => "faredge"
    jdbc_password => "faredge"
	jdbc_driver_library => "D:\Apeksha\ELK_6.4_Series\logstash-5.4.0\mysql-connector-java-5.1.47\mysql-connector-java-5.1.47-bin.jar"
    jdbc_driver_class => "Java::com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
	statement => "select id, txn_type, request_time from faredge.txn_data_table WHERE request_time > CURRENT_DATE - interval '8' day"

use_column_value => true
	tracking_column => "request_time"
	tracking_column_type => "timestamp"

jdbc_paging_enabled => "true"
	jdbc_page_size => "50000"
	jdbc_default_timezone => "Asia/Kolkata"
	last_run_metadata_path => "C:\Users\apeksha.bhandari\.logstash_payse_sql_001"
	schedule => "0 */1 * * *"

}

}
filter {
mutate {
convert => {
"mobile_no" => "string"
}
}
}

output {
stdout { codec => json }

elasticsearch {
	hosts => ["10.1.54.76:9200"]
	index => "thurs_28_002"		
	document_id => "%{id}" 
	retry_on_conflict => 3	
	}
file {
            codec => json_lines
            path => "D:\Apeksha\logstash-5.4.0\thurs_28_002.log"
    }

}

If i run scheduler every 5min, i am not facing any issue, but if i use scheduler to run query every system hour, i get below error:

The last packet successfully received from the server was 1,424,940 milliseconds ago. The last packet sent successfully to the server was 30 milliseconds ago.: SELECT count(*) AS count FROM (select id, txn_type, request_time from faredge.txn_data_table WHERE request_time > CURRENT_DATE - interval '8' day) AS t1 LIMIT 1
17:00:00.188 [Ruby-0-Thread-18: D:/Apeksha/logstash-5.4.0/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/rufus-scheduler-3.0.9/lib/rufus/scheduler/jobs.rb:283] WARN logstash.inputs.jdbc - Exception when executing JDBC query {:exception=>#<Sequel::DatabaseDisconnectError: Java::ComMysqlJdbcExceptionsJdbc4::CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet successfully received from the server was 1,424,940 milliseconds ago. The last packet sent successfully to the server was 30 milliseconds ago.>}

Kindly help.

It sounds like the remote server is timing out the connection. Does setting the jdbc_validate_connection option to true help?

No, jdbc_validate_connection as true isnt helping

doesn JDBCdriver maintain continous connectivity with the database or does it make connection as per the scheduler time( i mean when it needs to run the query).

Kindly help me in this regards.
stuck with the same.

By using autoconnect option as true,
jdbc_connection_string => "jdbc:mysql://172.23.125.52:3304/faredge?autoReconnect=true", i am sometimes getting updated rows and new rows, but no fixed pattern.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.