Compare query speeds of two different indices

I have two separate indices for same data. I would like to compare the querying speed for the two indices using a python script. I am using the 'took' variable in my response as a metric.
The thing I want to avoid is the use of cache by the query. I have set the parameter 'request_cache' as False but I guess that does not seem to be working. Is there something wrong I am doing?

It doesn't make any sense to measure the speed of something with the cache disabled. This doesn't tell you anything useful, because in real life the cache is enabled and is a critical factor affecting how the system performs.

Rally is a good way to benchmark your cluster and helps you avoid some common pitfalls. There is also a recorded presentation about common mistakes when benchmarking that would be good to watch.

Thanks for the response.
Actually I wanted to measure the improvement of the new index that I created with a well defined mapping. So all I wanted to do was see if that new mapping helps me .(The new mapping has a lot few fields that are indexed and the original mapping had all the fields as indexed.)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.