Comparing text between .raw and .keyword

Hi,

I'm working on an aggregation of Queue statistics data. The data that I'm feeding in is from a log file that filebeat sends to and ingestion pipeline. The field queue, is a text field that comes in and gets assigned queue.raw for use in visualizations. I have created an aggregation script that builds a new index based on aggregating the queue data by hour, day, or whatever. However, that data when visualizing it shows up with queue.keyword.
I created an index alias so I can pull both the current and aggregate data together for a single visualization.
For example, I look at the MAX queue depth over time by queue. But the Aggregate uses queue.keyword and the real time data uses queue.raw. So how do I fix this so they will both have the same field suffix?

Thanks,
Tim

I think my filebeat ingest templates are old. I forced an update to them and will check the next day to see if this brings them up to the new way of doing .keyword instead of .raw.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.