Connect to elasticsearch over SSL using found

I'm trying to connect to my elasticsearch server over SSL and tried lots of different things but couldn't fix the problem so I've tried to establish the connection using found shield example.

Currently I'm using elasticsearch 2.3.3 and jdk1.7.0_79 and trying to connect to elastic using found-shield but when I run the example that should work it outputs the following:

[2016-07-04 08:38:10,455][INFO ][no.found.elasticsearch.example.TransportExample] Connecting to cluster: [CLUSTER_ID] via [CLUSTER_ID.REGION.aws.found.io:9343] using ssl:[true]
[2016-07-04 08:38:10,688][INFO ][org.elasticsearch.plugins] [Neuronne] modules [], plugins [shield], sites []
[2016-07-04 08:38:10,983][INFO ][org.elasticsearch.transport] [Neuronne] Using [org.elasticsearch.shield.transport.ShieldClientTransportService] as transport service, overridden by [shield]
[2016-07-04 08:38:10,987][INFO ][org.elasticsearch.transport] [Neuronne] Using [org.elasticsearch.shield.transport.netty.ShieldNettyTransport] as transport, overridden by [shield]
[2016-07-04 08:38:12,051][INFO ][org.elasticsearch.client.transport] [Neuronne] failed to get node info for {#transport#-1}{IP_ADDRESS}{CLUSTER_ID.REGION.aws.found.io/IP_ADDRESS:9343}, disconnecting...
org.elasticsearch.transport.RemoteTransportException: [Failed to deserialize exception response from stream]
org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportSerializationException: Failed to deserialize exception response from stream
		at org.jboss.netty.channel.SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.handleUpstream(SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.java:70) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:564) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$DefaultChannelHandlerContext.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:791) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:296) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.frame.FrameDecoder.unfoldAndFireMessageReceived(FrameDecoder.java:462) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.frame.FrameDecoder.callDecode(FrameDecoder.java:443) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.frame.FrameDecoder.messageReceived(FrameDecoder.java:303) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at org.jboss.netty.channel.SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.handleUpstream(SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.java:70) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:564) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:559) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:268) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:255) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:88) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.process(AbstractNioWorker.java:108) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioSelector.run(AbstractNioSelector.java:337) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.run(AbstractNioWorker.java:89) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:178) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at org.jboss.netty.util.ThreadRenamingRunnable.run(ThreadRenamingRunnable.java:108) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at org.jboss.netty.util.internal.DeadLockProofWorker$1.run(DeadLockProofWorker.java:42) ~[netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:na]
		at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) ~[na:1.7.0_79]
		at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) ~[na:1.7.0_79]
		at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) ~[na:1.7.0_79]
Caused by: java.io.IOException: failed to read exception for id [40]
		... 30 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null
		... 32 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Readable byte limit exceeded: 118
		... 37 common frames omitted

I'm new to elasticsearch so if something misses please ask me that I'll try to provide you with it quickly.

Thanks, Emanuel

Hey,

can you provide more code, how you start/initialize the connection? There is also some docs about it, but I guess you already read it... https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/cloud/current/shield.html#shield-transport

--Alex

Sry for taking so long, I'm just using the example on https://github.com/elastic/found-shield-example and to initialize I just use the command given:

mvn compile exec:java -Dhost=YOUR_CLUSTER_ID.REGION.aws.found.io -Dshield.user="username:password"

Hey,

did you update the Elasticsearch/Shield plugin versions in the pom.xml?

--Alex

Hi, yes I did it,

<dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.elasticsearch</groupId>
            <artifactId>elasticsearch</artifactId>
            <version>2.3.3</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.elasticsearch.plugin</groupId>
            <artifactId>shield</artifactId>
            <version>2.3.3</version>