Converting MMM to MM in Logstash 2

I have the same problem with this person, and i am trying to make the output of my log_date as the following format but i don't have a clue how to do it.
log original input : [23/AUG/2018:00:00:00 +0800]
and the output i want : 2018-08-23

what i have tried is use gsub function to change all the month from month name to month number, but this method doesn't work for me.
then i have tried to add date{} in filter to match the date format, but it can only give the output like the original input ( output : 23/AUG/2018:00:00:00 +0800)

here is the code that i have got at the moment, i have tried both of them separated (both in the grok, message = 1 or 2 )

1. [%{MONTHDAY:day}/%{MONTH:month}/%{YEAR:year}:%{HOUR}:%{MINUTE}:%{SECOND} %{ISO8601_TIMEZONE}] "

2.[(?([^+))]

1. mutate {
    add_field => { "date" => "%{year}-%{month}-%{day}" }
    }

date {
    match => [ "date" , "yyyy-MM-dd" ]
    target => "@timestamp"
    }

for 3 i have also tried to put the correct format of the date in match
match => [ "date" , "dd/MMM/yyyy:HH:mm:ss Z" ]
it does work but i couldn't get into the format of 2018-08-23

please help, and thank you for your time :slight_smile:

You're on the right track. Please post your configuration as preformatted text so we can see exactly what it looks like. Please also post an example raw message produced by Logstash, preferably as produced by a stdout { codec => rubydebug } output.

thank you so much for answering this question :bowing_man:
I had found the solution on the internet which the person create its own filter and here is the link
https://my.oschina.net/u/2457218/blog/753799

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.